Filming, Photography and Activities
Filming and photography at the Tunnels has currently had to be halted whilst refurbishment work is taking place.
However, once re-opened wherever possible, we try to accommodate any filming, photography and activity requests at the tunnels.
• Permission to film or take photographs in the Tyne Pedestrian and Cyclist Tunnels must be obtained from the North East Combined Authority in advance.
• If filming/photography is for commercial use, then applicants must have public indemnity insurance to the value of £5 million and must sign a Licence Agreement in advance of activity taking place
• If filming/photography is for private or personal use then verbal permission is usually sufficient
• The organisation of events and activities in the tunnels, for example charity fun-runs, sponsored walks or art installations, may require a Licence, and is at the discretion of the North East Combined Authority.
To request permission once the Tunnels have reopened, please contact Richard Simpson on 07821 537106 or email email@example.com
Filming of the following activities is not allowed in the Tyne Pedestrian and Cyclist Tunnels:
• Smoking or intoxication
• Activity that could result in physical harm
• Use of firearms or other weapons
• Vandalism or graffiti
• Assaults on users or members of staff
• Misuse of escalators, lifts or other property